Tuesday, March 2, 2010

What's It All About

Last week I decided the time had come to start a blog. I've spent the last few days trying to force myself into a blogging corner and narrow myself to one topic to write about. After all, that is what the "best in class" blog advice says I should be doing. But here's the rub, I really don't want to do that.

What then is Ellis Is.... all about? It's about many interests. I hope some interest you. Ellis Is....

....Being and thinking crafty

....Attempting to cook

....With the band

....Just being, thinking

Today in the spirit of welcome and introductions Ellis is....Just being. Thinking about wisdom, knowledge and change.

Every day, as I sit at my office desk, I look at the image and mantra of Manjushri. I share this mantra with you wishing that all good things may come your way.


Manjushri
Liberating Wisdom

oṃ a ra pa ca na dhīḥ

Viewing freedom as intrinsic to our being,
we discover that our lives are what we make them.
All options are open, our choices are unlimited.
When we have knowledge, space grants us unbounded opportunity,
and time presents us with infinite possibilities for change.

namaste
नमस्ते